Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with MSN MESSENGER 7.0

• Please log in to reply

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Hi i have MSN MESSENGER 7.0 and it does not work this is what it says: The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.Reinstallin this application may fix this problem. I have tryed that several times and still doesnt seem to work any help thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Nate,

I know next to nothing about Messenger as I don't do IM...I can tell you that you are not the only one with this problem.

I have read that one fix to go to Control Panel, then
Add or Remove Programs, click MSN Messenger 7 and then click Change. Choose the Repair .

I have also heard this rarely works.

I can tell you that the smartest man in the world when it comes to MSN Messenger....well, OK, I don't know if he is the smartest, hangs out in Usenet in the group and last I heard he has a solution that works better, but he is not posting it until he is certain it works.

You can usually find him here:

microsoft.public.msn.messenger

Also, you might try msn messenger support

http://support.msn.c...er&ct=eformfree

btw--isn't this beta still?

damo18uk

damo18uk

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
;) ;) :) hey ppl, iv long since had msn messenger 7.0.0732 and its crap, the winks have been disabled for security reasons and you cant have any skins for it (not that i have found anyway...) could anyone please let me know what is the best msn messenger version 2 use? or if anybody is aware of a newer msn messenger that works could you please let me know by replyin or e-mail me REMOVED.. thanx :tazz:

Edited by ~Kat~, 15 May 2005 - 12:28 PM.

damo18uk

damo18uk

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hey nathen, have u got an older messenger already installed? if u r tryin to use a newer msn messenger 90% of the time u need to get rid of every trace of the older one, i have had the same problem before, and i found the only way 2 get it workin was by deleting every last trace of messenger before installing a more upgraded version.... hope this helped u (its the only thing i think it cud b) :tazz:

ArchangelRaph

ArchangelRaph

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone, I'm having some problems with this MSN 7.0 myself ever since it went off of Beta. For some reason, I CANNOT recieve music or video files from any of my contacts. I can send them, and they can accept, but I can't. Only files so far I could recieve were stuff like pictures or word documents and other files similar. But with media files, it says its blocked because it's potentially unsafe. I looked all over in the options for some way to disable any security protection on it, and I can't find a thing. This is really bothering me, anyone know what's going on?

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Uninstall your current version of MSN, then using reg cleaner or registry mechanic remove all traces of MSN from your system registry.

This might help - is a long shot though. If not , try installing to a different directory

Cheers
:tazz: