Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty 2 Redirect Problem

• Please log in to reply

Snippy

Snippy

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Ok I want the map townville for my zombie server.ET's files already has that uploaded.So I put this command in my generic.cfg

//HTTP Redirect
set sv_allowdownload "1"
seta sv_wwwdownload "1"
seta sv_wwwbaseurl "http://turkeyfiles.e....net/cod2/main"
seta sv_wwwdldisconnected "0"

Then I would upload townville in cod2/main in the server and then I would go to join the server after I started it back up and it first says that it is downloading from http://turkeyfiles.e...y.net/cod2/main and then it would not do anything for like 5 secs then it would switch over to downloading from the server.When I have around 35 people in my server it's starts to lag like crazy..everybody's ping would sky rocket to 500's ect.I already got a mod on there (zombiemod) and that is downloading from the server and I was thinking maybe this is the reason why it lags when i get decent amount of people in the server.Cause when 5 people are connecting they are downloading the zombie mod and theres already like 35 people in the server so I was thinking that the server is lagging cause when people join and theres already lots of people in there and they have to donwload the mod so you know.....

Looking for a helpfull person to guide me through the steps cause i'm way lost!

Thx!

Snippy

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
You should disable downloads from your game server, using the redirect for everything that is required for the mod.

//HTTP Redirect
set sv_allowdownload "0"

:whistling:

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Ok but should it still downloaded if i got the code right and stuff?

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Yes, you should only use the redirect URL for any custom stuff. That line, set sv_allowdownload "0", just disables the game server itself from downloading files.

:whistling:

Edited by -=blaster=-, 16 October 2006 - 09:51 PM.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Ok, thx!

Snippy