Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What do you do when you're bored?

• Please log in to reply

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Sup Guys and Girls;

What do you people do when your bored and have spare time?

Edited by SOORENA, 14 October 2006 - 03:25 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
This

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I think I do about the same

lizglass

lizglass

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Life is too short and interesting to get bored!
Keeping your body, brain, heart and soul alive is a big daily task.
:whistling:

I am interested in so many things and people that there is always an opportunity to learn something new about one of my passions: family (I have a great husband and 6 grandchildren), painting, gardening, cooking, singing, music, films, environment, computers, tennis, trekking, friends and neighbours, and the world affairs...

As for spare time, give me some, I am in bad need for it! :blink:

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I really don't have a lot of spare time. A full time job, a computer business, taking care of my home and garden and doing the many projects i have just does not give me much to spare.

BUT, i do have a list taped to my desk of things computer related that i would like to have more information about. So i go searchin for all the info i can find. When i am satisfied i cross that item off the list. So far i have 5 items out of 53 crossed off so theres no need to worry about any real spare time.

SRX660

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Whoa, I think I might be the only one that has too much time. Maybe I should find a new hobby than computers and tennis.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
If I read this thread, I spend too much time here :whistling:

As I was not the first to post here, some others enjoy spending there time in here :help:

And as there is soooo much info in here, how can you be bored :blink:

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

If I read this thread, I spend too much time here whistling.gif

:help:

i have to agree harry, but dont feel bad, look where i ended up as well!

i do three things total... nothing more.
  • Play music (just about any instrument i can get my hands on)
  • Use this stupid computer :s
  • Fix my motorcycle (i would drive it more, but its always broken :blink:)

... didnt someone once say the nerds will inherit the earth? if thats the case, then when is it going to be our turn at G2G? :whistling: [/joking]

ellissankar

ellissankar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
you sound like you know what you are talking about

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Spare time!? Those words used together do not compute! :help: :whistling: I'm a single mom with two awesome daughters, ages 17 and 11. My oldest is pregnant, and due in mid-May. I chauffer her to doctors' appointments, work, and her fast track GED program. My 11 year old is very active, involved in cheerleading, soccer, softball, and speech team. I run her all over the place, and attend all of her functions.
I also do a bit of volunteer work at the school, spend way too much time here on GeeksToGo and the other anti-malware sites I'm a staff member at, run my household, and oh yeah..work. :blink:
I even manage to sleep once in awhile.

the times I DO steal some me time...I love to read, listen to music (If I'm at my computer, there is music playing in my headphones), swim, fish, go boating, grow flowers...anything outside, really.

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
This might not be related but if you get too involved with something like tennis you actually reach high places. So I'd say use those spare times for a good reason.

Edited by SOORENA, 16 October 2006 - 12:50 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've got ADHD....i never get bored...my brain (and any thing sparkely or twinkely) is my own personal amusement park...usually don't have to wait too long untill i completely space out and lose an hour or so...it's pretty handy someti....ooooh sparkely thing! gotta go!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Isn't that typical of monkeys? They get distracted by sparkly shiny trinkets and things? :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
monkeys and women

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Lol, for me bored and having nothing to do are totally different things, ive usually always got something to do its usually just horribly boring like my weekly maths excercise, lab reports, actually studying. Im a total procrastinator im almost never doing what i want to do but im always doing something in the effort to avoid the boring stuff. And this place is always my favourite distraction when im really "bored".