Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Speed Drainage :(

• Please log in to reply

Jadc

Jadc

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys

Im using a NETGEAR ROUTER version G834 and my problems starts here ...

When ever he is here to stay and he uses the internet he gets most of the speed download we are only on a 512 connection but when hes online he leaves me with 10kb/ps n below on surfing and downloading.

i basically want to limit his speed to very low and that i can get priority on it all... i have the router admin and password n all but i dont have a clue how to do this..

we use RJ-45 leads we are not WIRELESS

thank you if you can help :whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. :whistling: I see your problem. I don't think we can lower his download speeds, but we'll double check that. Also, does he plug into the internet before you do, or does he still get the better connection when he plugs in after you are already online?

Jadc

Jadc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
He gets the better no matter what... i would go in the room and swap the ports bout but i cant atm i thought there would be a way on the router.. hehe

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
hhhhmmm... I can't find anything on the Netgear website... Anyone else like to comment? :whistling:

Jadc

Jadc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hmmmm [bleep]...its so annoying lol

Edited by Jadc, 14 October 2006 - 04:29 PM.