Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to change background

• Please log in to reply

Lazy_gurl

Lazy_gurl

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The background appears to be on top of another background. The top background is simply color, which can be changed as color only using the desktop options. When accessing the desktop options, the picture items are unaccessible and locked in stretch.

The bottom background is a generic wallpaper.jpg from file. This can be changed in regedit. I noticed the bottom background upon lowering or heightening my toolbar and upon signing off.

I have checked and tried a few of the suggestions on the other postings such as deleting an unmovable image using the customize and web tab, but I do not have an unmovable image. It does not seem to be a theme related problem either.

When I click on a picture to set as background, the screen flashes and changes the bottom background.

The user is an administrator. The secondary user is also an administrator, but this is not happening with the secondary user.

Regedit is comparable with the secondary user - so I don't see any problems there.

I need to remove this top stretched solid color background. :whistling:

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Do a screen shot of this

then attach post it here

look for key beside end says end

print/scren
sys rg

hit that with your background and other image showing then open paint
under edit click paste name it or save as post over here

someone will help

Edited by rushin1nd, 15 October 2006 - 12:26 AM.

Lazy_gurl

Lazy_gurl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The screenshot includes the viewing of the top background and the frozen stretch portion on desktop.

I am unable to attach the screenshot. When I try an invisible campaign pop-up shows and goes to the website address topsoftreviews.com I have saved with both users and the same thing happens. How can I post a screenshot as a file attachment when I am unable to do so?

Lazy_gurl

Lazy_gurl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Since I was unable to solve the problem, I deleted the user and created a new user after I transferred any important documents to the secondary user. This seemed to work. I am still a bit concerned that I was unable to attach the screen capture to these postings.