Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No sound - help please

• Please log in to reply

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi nessa
lets try this go into your hardware setting and uninstall your cd-rom then reboot your system and let windows reinstall the cd-rom. lets work on this a little more before you go buy a new one
<_<

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
try plugging something in ur line in plug and play and see if sounds come from the speakers

nessa

nessa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi,
Sorry I haven't got back for a while - been on night duty and my brain becomes even more addled!!
Have done as suggested but still nothing.
The DVD-ROM is a Matshita SR 8175. Are there drivers available to download like for the sound?
I do appreciate your help, you've all been very patient.
Thanks,
Nessa.

veebee

veebee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
I have now rundxdiag in the run box and tested the sound which came up as : Failure at Step 19 (user verification of software). HRESULT: Ox0000000 (error code), which I am informed means there is a software bug.
If this is right, does anyone know how I can get rid of it and get my sound back please.
Thanks, Nessa.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
there is a firmware update for your cd rom this may be it
click here
<_<

veebee

veebee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Tazz,
Thanks for that. Am having trouble downloading the files. I save them to desktop as instructed but when I open them it just says 'error on page' and I can't get any further.
Have also run a virus check on the laptop which shows as no viruses detected. If this is a software bug as I am being told, wouldn't that have shown up or am I being thick as usual?!!! <_<
Nessa.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Hi nessa,

Sounds like the files may have become corrupted while downloading. I'd suggest you try downloading them again.