Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound?

• Please log in to reply

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
:whistling: Hey everyone! First I wanna say I think this is a Awesome site! There have been a lot of times just by reading the forums my questions have been answered. So right now I am in the market for a sound card. My current sound is from WinFast Nf4uk8aa motherboard- Foxconn nf4 series. It is ok, I just want to upgrade to a sound card, I have logitech x-530 speakers. I need a sound card for gaming. Ideas for a good solid gaming sound card would be apperciated. Also what card would be ideal for my speakers and situation. Gaming (Battlefield/ Fear), and ocassionally some music. That's about it.

Thanks in Advance OPT.:blink:

Specs you got the Mobo
Amd3500+. Gonna replace soon.
x800, ya i know. Gonna replace soon.
Dual Wd Hd's Raptors w/ raid.
Windows Xp sp2.
ps thermaltake 420 watt. Gonna repace soon.
2 gigs of mem

Edited by Opt, 15 October 2006 - 04:16 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I really don't think you can do any better than the Creative Audigy sound card. A plus with the audigy is the playcenter player software that can rip MP3's from your cd's. I install playcenter in all my computers.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16829102178

SRX660

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
the newer gen card from creative is the x-fi. some ppl say that it's over priced but when you boot up those sound intensive games, you can really tell the difference. I am not an audiophile but the same mp3 played on the xfi vs. the zs is very very different. My friend has got logitech z5500 with the xfi and the sound is amazing. it's around 100 bucks normaly. There was a huge deal that i missed recently where they had the xfi extreme music (the basic edition) for 50 cdn.

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
COOL & Thanks!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
X-fis are great but they really are the kind of thing you only buy if you have everything else in your PC as good as it can be and youve got nothing else to spend the money on.