Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer reads CD name but no files

• Please log in to reply

jlm06

jlm06

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer is reading the file name of a CD but shows that there is no other info.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

My computer is reading the file name of a CD but shows that there is no other info.

We need more info...

What kind of drive do you have and what kind of cd are you trying to look at? What kind of files is it?

These can be some possibilities

Are you trying to look at a dvd rom on a regular cd rom drive??

If its a dvd cd and you have a dvd rom drive then if you want to watch the movie you have to have dvd software such as powerdvd or windvd to watch it..

Thats all I can answer as of right now because you didnt give enough info.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G, jlm06

jrm20 is right - we need more info before we can really help you

As well as the questions jrm20 has asked, could you also check the following please...
1. check the amount of free space on the CD that is reported by 'My Computer' or similar. i.e to ensure that the CD is not actually blank

2. If this is a CD that you have burnt yourself (or someone has burnt for you) check that the session was closed on the CD. This can be checked in your CD burning application. While your at it, check to see if the CD burning application can read whats on the disc.