Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File Sharing

• Please log in to reply

garf12

garf12

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
In our office we have two business sharing the same network/router/internet connection. Each business has file sharing on so that they can access files from their other computers, and each business has its own workgroup name. But each business can also see all the others business' shared folders. Is there anyway to keep them from comming up? Different subnet masks?

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
you may have many options, you can setup permission or you can hide the shared folders. for maore information, visit http://www.howtonetw...g.com/index.htm

garf12

garf12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok howtonetworking.com is a pretty good site, but it is the only d*** answer I ever get on here. "go to howtonetworking.com" whatever..

If anyone is intrested I remembered how to do it. I changed the IP address, made all of them static and gave one company 192.168.1.X and the other 192.168.2.X Works like a champ