Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System restore blank screen

• Please log in to reply

amriths

amriths

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey there,
I'm trying to do a system restore but it comes up with a blank screen.
My internet doesn't work because I blocked a registry edit with McAfee not knowing that windows update had done some work.
I ran system restore once and it moved the computer back to a previous date, however it was to a the night that I'd blocked the registry edit so I had to run system restore again to the day before that. Once the 2nd restore was completed System restore appears as a blank screen (not a blank calendar). Also it appears that the 2nd restore did not go back to a previous date, but undid the 1st restore so i'm back where i started without system restore now.

please advise.

Advertisements

braxton

braxton

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
http://www.ntcompati...ked_t33879.html

Here is a 5 page post on the same problem, you can check it out. I got tired on about page 3. It seems that a repair install would be easier.

brax

amriths

amriths

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yea, i went with a format. couldn't remember my old password to do a repair.
thanks