Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

whos the better card?

• Please log in to reply

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
hey, I was just wondering, between the ATI Radeon X1900GT and the nVIDIA Geforce 7900gt, whos the better card?

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
nVIDIA definetly.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
The answer is Definitely Depends....
http://www23.tomshar...m/graphics.html
use this chart it's pretty useful when compareing gfx cards.
Depending on the game you play you will get very different results.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Out if those two i would say the ATI but it varies when you compare cards, but of those def the x1900 its got better image reproduction and handles things like AA and HDR much better than the nvidia, x1900 image quality is better than the 7900 fps isnt always as good but there is a noticable difference visually and fps tends to be a little more stable(fewer dips to under 25fps).

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I would prefer ATI. Their support is better, and I don't see much of a performance difference between them personally.

(Edited for accidentally pressing the post button too soon)

Edited by Stormknight6, 16 October 2006 - 03:20 PM.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Its personal choice really. Nvidia and ATI are pretty much the same but the ATI cards can cope with AA and AF better than the Nvidia cards.

I would buy the X1900GT because the drivers and software are better and there are more modded drivers for ATI. I find the Catalyst control centre useful aswell.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its not really a personal choice its a price and performance choice you pick whatever is the best at what its going to do.

Have you checked out the x1950 pro its got better performance and its only $200. It also has native crossfire meaning no master cards and no dongle just stick in a pair of these in a crossfire mobo and itll work.

I probably wouldnt spend so much on a vid card close to dx10 release.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Direct x 10 cards are gonna cost a small fortune and direct x 10 only works in vista.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Who said they are going to cost a fortune ATI have spent months touting there new DX 10 MID -range not the high end they have hardly marketted them but they have been going on how they plan to have a larger mid range selection of cards that most can afford. Its probably one of the conditions that MS made when they started working so closely with ATI to develop DX10 because dx10 is critical to vista they want cheap cards.

Also DX10 cards will work fine on XP just not with DX10 they will run dx9 alot better than current cards do just like dx9 cards can easily use dx7.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Yeah but they will still come out at a high price take anything for example something brand new is always soo expensive.

Yeah but they wont be that great for gaming they will be gd on DX9 though.

Is there a release date on vista yet? i can get mine for £5 lol good old college and there student deals! well only a one off CD key.