Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp wont start!

• Please log in to reply

dudet43

dudet43

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I will start at that the beginning.... I needed to install sp2(service pack 2) for a game. After this the computer started misbehaving, so I tried a utillity overwrighting from the disk and it crashed. when you go to install xp again it says something in the line of your xp disk is sp1...your not allow to overwright. I unistalled sp2 but its still there. The computer is getting worse.... quikly. Know when to try doing anything it will restart(I mean everthing...) windows wont even start!!! I need help badly!!!!!!!

Edited by dudet43, 15 October 2006 - 09:40 PM.

Advertisements

dudet43

dudet43

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I forgot, I can get into bios though.....its the only thing right know that just doesnt automaticcally restart when you try to do anything.

braxton

braxton

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Which "utility" did you use? will it start in safe mode? last known good configuration?

brax

dudet43

dudet43

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
it wont start in safe mode..i tried last known good config and it did'nt work

braxton

braxton

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
What utility, and did you get any error messages? when you say it crashed, did it blue screen or just shut off.

brax