Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

white laptop screen

• Please log in to reply

umteach

umteach

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<_< My husband's Gateway laptop screen hinge has been acting up and flopping backwards lately. Yesterday it apparently shorted out, or something, and it would only show a white screen. Now is it completely black. My computer is networked to his, but I cannot even log on to access files. If anyone can give some helpful hints, we would appreciate it. He uses it at work and can plug it into a monitor there (hopefully), but we are hoping to find an inexpensive solution so that he can still have a portable laptop. HELP!!!

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
does your laptop have a floppy drive if so try booting with a boot disk and see if you can see a A: if you can then its most likely a video drive that needs to be reinstalled.
<_<