Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook 2003 Send/Recieve Problem

• Please log in to reply

Ginarley

Ginarley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys

I am using Office 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. I have had outlook set up so I can switch between email accounts depending on which office I am in (I have 2 offices in 2 different organisations so different proxies which I change using proxyswitcher).

I have outlook set up to get emails from 3 different POP/SMTP accounts.

I recieved an email from one that was at the time set up for the wrong send SMTP address and it requested a send reciept which I unthinkingly said ok. Ever since (and I'm not sure if this is coincidence or cause) Outlook keeps trying to send an email, and comes up with the "Sending message 1 of 1" in the status bar periodically (this doesn't seem to be linked to the usual send/recieve either). Eventually it generates an error stating the transmission was interrupted and then repeats every once and a while. My theory is that the read reciept is stuck somehow but I can't for the life of me figure out how/where. There are currently no emails in the outbox or sent items box.

My second theory involved assuming that read reciept thing was a coincidence and it was some kind of malware doing this. I scanned with ad-aware and with my virus scanning software and it came out clean.

Any thoughts/ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
G

Advertisements