Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan.startpage virus again...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Nefti

Nefti

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know, I'm not original, but someone (please don't ask how...) in my office got the pc infected with a trojan.startpage virus and, notwithstanding all efforts and programs used, I can't get rid of it. :tazz:
The first times Hijack This found several altered registry keys (mostly concerning start page and search page), bho and some dll's like se.dll; now, after a couple of fixes and scans with Norton and ad aware (in safe mode) it only finds the lattest. The problem is every once in a while I got a pop up and sometimes, opening a new blank page or a java applet, instead of the wanted page I got the awful start page of the virus... therefore I certainly did not fix that...
Should I post a hijack this log?
Thanks in advance guys O:-)

Val

Advertisements

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi Nefti

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Kc :tazz:

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
No reply from user

Topic closed

Kc