Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Messed with folder options, need help!

• Please log in to reply

aramazon

aramazon

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok so I wanted to change the standard folder icon, and I couldn't find anything helpful anywhere, then this one thing said to go to folder options from my computer and change it in registered file types. Anyways i changed the file folder thing, and i dunno what happened but firstly the icon didn't change, and what's worse, every time i click on any folder other than those on my desktop, it opens the search program!!!! Please someone tell me how to switch it back to normal, as I can't find any reset to default button!!!! :whistling: And if you know how to change the standard folder icon to another icon that would be real nice too. Please help about the folder thing though, seriously, thanks a million in advance!!! Oh ps. i have windows xp runtime package 2.

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
the easiest way to do this is to do a system restore to a previous date, click on Start menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please right click this LINK, choose SAVE LINK AS or SAVE TARGET AS, and save it somewhere on your computer where you will remember where it is located. Then find the file on your computer and double-click it to run it. Click YES to the warning: Are you sure you want to add the information in FILE LOCATION HERE\folderopenssearch.reg to the registry? Then reboot your computer and once rebooted, try opening a folder.

Fenor

Tranquilslogan

Tranquilslogan

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Fenor can you look at my post and give me some advice please.

aramazon

aramazon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks it worked! :whistling: I just have a few questions though, what's the difference between a file folder, and just a folder, cuz i guess that thing u gave me switched em from "file folders" to "folders" and also why is it that I can't change anything in advanced for "folder", but I could in "file folder", finally, why can't I delete any of the program usages I made for "file folder?" It's just it feels awful that I can't change it because it's like the computer won't let me, and whose in charge, me or the computer, you know? Anywho, thanks very much for the help!!