Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd burner locke

• Please log in to reply

rosiec

rosiec

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello kat, i believe this is who i'm talking to.
I have had problem burning cd's but i have done that many things since it last worked i don't know what is causing my problem. I have followed windows help and support as much as i dared but don't really want to mess with the registry. Things i have done since it last worked are registered genuine windows xp professional, downloaded driver AC97 from CNET because sound and digital camera wouldn't work, they are now working. downloaded and installed several burn programs which i have now uninstalled. that is where i found out that my cd player is locked. it views and plays cds but will not burn. it the event log it says code error 10 and in the advice from that it says something about windows firewall. does this mean it won't work because the firewall is using the same address do you think and if i buy another device, the one i'm thinking about buying is and external burner that is USB supported, do you think that will work or would i be wasting my money. i really don't want to waste money what do you think. what is wrong. please do not get too technical because i don't really know too much about computers.
i am running windows xp professional and windows 2000. thanking you in anticipation
rosiec

Advertisements

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi rosiec
:help: Welcome to GTG try these links help your problems for an unlocker program and a CD burner program and remember follow the instructions carefully theses are both Free and see if this helps you . Good Luck

Unlocker 1.8.5 free
http://www.scanwith....ad/Unlocker.htm

CDBurnerXP Pro 3.0.116 - burn CD/DVD's for free
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/features.php

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink: