Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotmail unaccessable after password change

• Please log in to reply

daba

daba

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Greetings Cyberheroes

I decided to change my hotmail password for security reasons. After doing so I am unable to sign in to my hotmail account. So I changed it back. I can get in to my Messenger but not my hotmail. (I can't access my hotmail account from my Messenger, the links to email never worked and still don't). Microsoft sent a fix mainly to do with cache clearing but so far it has failed to work. I'm running Opera. I'd be really grateful for a fix.

Thank you

Daba

PS - I have no problem accessing it from another computer but even if I use IE on my own it still won't open.

Edited by daba, 16 October 2006 - 05:53 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Microsoft's fix of which you speak only applies to Internet Explorer. Therefore it would not work for Opera.

The easiest solution is to clear the cache, the cookies and the history. In Internet Explorer this can be done on the Content tab of Internet Options. Firefox has its own "Clear Private Data" box. I believe Opera has something similiar.

daba

daba

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Thanks Neil. Yes you're right Opera does have something similar. I've tried it and the problem persists.