Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Having problems with built machine

• Please log in to reply

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Hey guys,

Im not very good at the hardware part of my computer career so I came to this section for help.

My processor fan (AMD Semperon 2800+) is very loud! and sometimes the computer makes a very loud noise in it.

I changed the power supply and the harddrive to no avail.

Can anyone help me out?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If your fan is to loud changinf the HDD and PSU wont help much, you could just replace the fan or the whole heat sink with a quieter model/version. Fans are cheap and HSFs are pretty reasonable.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Ill change the fan whenever I get the chance.

Somtimes when I use the PC tho, i hear like a rattling noise. I have no idea where its coming from, It can't be the PSU because I thought it was that and I changed it to a new one. I was just wondering because I want the PC to be reliable and not break down on me. I am getting decent temps (28degrees celsius - 32 degrees celsius.) with the case on.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
wow!

I had a fan laying around from a scrapped pc which is a quiet one and theres lotss of improvement!! since im a lil short on cash I need to use this for now intill it goes.

I wanna see how strong it is so im gonna download a program.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
You probably didn't seat the heatsink properly.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Well actually I got this PC from a relitavies boyfriend. He was having trouble with it so he gave it to me to have and figure out. He probably didnt seat it right. That fan and PSU came with the tower I found that unreliable so I replaced them and it runs fine now. The MAX temp im getting for my CPU is 35degrees celsius max and the low is like 27 in idle and the main board is like 35 degrees celsius so are those decent temperatures.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Ok Heres my current temps

MainBoard 35 degrees celsius (max i seen was 36)
CPU 28 degrees celsius (max I seen was about 35.5 - 36)

Are these temperatures OK?

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Yes, thats fine. You ideally want to keep it under 140F or 60C. Anything above that and then you start to worry. Although, I have seen a machine running at 210F and not melting :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If its at 60 you are screwed, but those temps are very good, surprisingly good actually but the cpu isnt that fast so the heat output should be reasonable.