Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with built system

• Please log in to reply

Myndmelter

Myndmelter

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I have built a few systems but never had problems like this before I hope you guys can help. First the system is a AMD 64 X2 4200 on a Gigabyte GA-K8n-SLI 939 socket, Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS, Cosair 1GB Ram, eVGA e-GeForce 7300 GT PCI Express 512MB DDR2 . All is connected correctly has been checked many times.

ok here goes, upon start up the machine will freeze after detecting IDE drives. then I resart sometimes will go past that point or freeze again. sometimes I can get into biossometimes it will freeze and I cant. I have never seen a system do this before bios usually at all else you can get into bios. Once the machine gets past the unfreezing stage I formatted new drive so I know that is working, then I try to load windows and it froze again, then I finnaly got to load windows stage again and I got BSOD ( sometimes says Bad Pool Caller) or ( IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ). So I checked Bios for IRQL and they are on auto. Bad pool caller I believe is hardware issue but all seem fine amybe I am missing something. Also Sometimes it freezes on windows load or BSOD God if anyone can help I am so fed up with this. I even had another friend who knwos computers also and he couldnt figure it out.

If anyone knows any ideas THANKS IN ADVANCE Mike :blink:

email me at [email protected] if anything also THANKS !! :whistling:

Edited by Myndmelter, 16 October 2006 - 11:34 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I have had similar problems on 2 computers lately. Both i have RMA replaced the motherboards. On one the replacement MB fixed the problem but the other has continued to vex me, even with a new motherboard. I have tried 2 different hard drives, replaced all other hardware, but i still get lockups in the bios. I finally got XP to install by adding a floppy drive and using a 6 floppy disk set of boot floppys. It seems to work fine except it locks up in the bios. I am beginning to think it is the processor as everything else has been replaced.

The IRQL error is typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software.

Bad pool caller is a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

One thing you can try is to zerofill the HD with seagates diagonistic Seatools software. Something else to check is the memory which may have a corruption in one of the modules. The memory can still work it just when that module is accessed the data cant be accessed which usually causes a lockup.

SRX660

Myndmelter

Myndmelter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yea this is 2nd board first was RMA. I was thinking it could possibly be the ram. It actually wont show processor and ram on some start ups I dunno it is frustating. I will have to see if I ever get xp on this machine.. I will keep trying I appreciate all feed back THANKS !!