Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

remembering password

• Please log in to reply

poppyal

poppyal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Thanks, I appreciate whatever you can do. Why didn't the second step in post #6 work? Is there still something amiss with this machine of mine? Anyway, thanks again.

poppyal1.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
That's one of the things I'm looking into.

That registry subkey should have deleted, too.

The password saving not working on ALL sites is a fairly common malady, but to not work on only certain sites...Hmmmmmm

I'll be back. :whistling:

poppyal

poppyal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Thanks, wannabe1. I appreciate it. If I get another message from you tonight, I probably won't respond until tomorrow. My Grandson is dying to play his on-line game. That is what I was wondering about the CPU update. When he plays his game (The Eighth Age) the system will not play music CDs at the same time. It doesn't seem to have enough ooomph. Will more memory help that or is the CPU the problem? Thanx again.

poppyal1.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
The additional RAM should help that problem. It's the RAM that's the actual "muscle" in the system. When the RAM is all used up by applications, everything else has to wait for some to free up. That will cause all kinds of "jerky response" things...including media playback.

poppyal

poppyal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Thanks. I'll stay with the ram upgrade and I'll check back tomorrow to see if there is anything else for me. Later.

poppyal1.