Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

new computer

• Please log in to reply

Rudy777

Rudy777

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I got a new computer but i want copy my 40gb hard drive to the new new computer and put my 120 gb in the new computer is that possible

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah just connect them to the new computer set them as slave and make sure your boot priorities in bios boot to the drive with that computers operating system(the one that came witht the computer) and you can access both drives from window and copy any files you want over to the new computer then put the drive back in the old computer or wipe it and use it for the new one as extra storage.

Rudy777

Rudy777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks

Rudy777

Rudy777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok i put the old hard drive in and it won't work it says window won't start it just has a sata hard drive now and i putting in a ata

Edited by Rudy777, 16 October 2006 - 04:35 PM.

Rudy777

Rudy777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
how do i set my bios

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
When you turn on the computer you get the splash screen and details on your PC you should see something allong the lines of press delete (or some other key) to enter bios , tap that key and you should get into bios which is a menu then under one of the menus there should be boot priorities usually in the first couple of menus you might have to look around it varies from bios to bios where it is.