Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CoD Demo Converter

• Please log in to reply

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Does anyone have a program to convert the demos from DM_3 to AVI, etc?

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
There doesn't appear to be a simple way to do this. Here is a forum thread that outlines several different procedures to do the conversion.

:whistling:

Darryl

Darryl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I tried Fraps but it drops my fps pretty badly. I think I'll record in CoD and then play the demo in-game while recoding with Fraps. That way my fps won
t matter as much.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
that is the way I do it. also if you buy fraps, you get double the fps.

CeltS NatS

CeltS NatS

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi guys, it seems im the worst of all geeks :blink:

well, anyhow. Ive got a demo from CoD (dm_3) and i tried to convert through different programs, but.. i cant convert :help: am i noobish or what ? :whistling:

Iv dl Fraps but how the heck do i do to get it working ?? Do i need the actual CoD installed just to convert a demo ??? cos i cant even understand how to do it....... :)

Edited by CeltS NatS, 01 November 2006 - 08:17 AM.

Morpheus

Morpheus

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
For viewing demos in WMP i'd suggest using Seismovision (www.Seismovision.net <-- its completely FREE) when it comes to converting a dm_3 i dont know of any easy way.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
siesmo is handy for those who don't know how to play the demo. great faq here: http://www.seismovis...als/myfirstdemo

What I woud do is install fraps. have it running, play the demo and let fraps record it. Registered version of fraps will do 100fps. once recorded it will generate a large avi file. you then can edit this with a variety of editors inclucing xp movie player.

fraps has a great faq: http://www.fraps.com/faq.php

they suggest that once your done, use virtual dub to convert/compress the file.

now siesmo has the ability do more, to learn what it can check out their faq/help guide: http://www.seismovis...als/myfirstdemo

Fraps is what most people use from my experience.