Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm only getting only a fast flashing green light on my HP Tower. Is it time to buy a new system? It's about 7 years old, but worked fine until I downloaded the new MS Exployer Service Pak - which then created conflicts. Now I have black monitor - and no noise from the hard drive when I push the power button - just the green flashing light. I unplugged all cables, except power cord - even moved the tower to another outlet to see if that would help. Also tried a different power cord. Any other suggestions besides buying a new system or spending $$$$'s on such an old system?

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Try another monitor if you can barrow one but other than that it could be any number of things and they will all cost you$$$.

If there is no writing or logo on the screen when you first push the power button but you have drive lights then you would have to first trouble shoot the video card or onboard video and then the ram. To do this you would have to borrow or purchase a video card and possibly ram.

Does the computer beep at all?