Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web page being requested without direction

• Please log in to reply

Irate Dog

Irate Dog

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
:whistling:

After booting my laptop, I get a "Web Page Unavailable While Offline" box that tells me "the web page you requested is not available offline. To view this page click connect" There are "Connect" and "Stay Offline" buttons in the box.

When I "X" out, this box is replaced by one titled "Work Offline" and advises the "No connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet content that has been saved on your computer, click Work Offline. The box has "Work Offline" and "Try Again" buttons.

When I "X" out of this box, the first box re-appears. "X"ing out of this takes me to my desktop.

I'm no PC guru, but do have at least minimal exposure. I've had the recent 'pleasure' of removing Project1, motor-media.net, deluxecommunications duce6, and elitemediagroup spyware (among others) and am wondering if I'll have to start from scratch.

N.B. I'm posting this from my desktop - not the laptop. If you need the HJT logs I could save them to disk and get them on that way.

Thanks for any ideas you may be able to give me.

Edited by Irate Dog, 16 October 2006 - 03:26 PM.

Advertisements