Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI Driver

• Please log in to reply

thakid

thakid

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
well my computer comes up sayin that the PCI DEVICE Other Pci Bridge Device Sm Bus Controller needs to be installed then it says it cant find the files for it and does this having anything to do with my sound also the yellow questiong marks have a yellow ! mark on top on it so I dunno what to do any help will be nice

I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

IRQ 21 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
IRQ 21 Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

IRQ 5 SM Bus Controller
IRQ 5 PCI Device
IRQ 5 Other PCI Bridge Device

IRQ 18 NVIDIA GeForce 6100
IRQ 18 PCI Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Memory Address 0xD0000-0xDFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xD0000-0xDFFFF Motherboard resources

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce 6100

that is the conflict erorr messages on the sysytem information part

Edited by thakid, 16 October 2006 - 06:13 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi thakid!

Please go to START-->RUN and type devmgmt.msc and click OK. In the new window that appears, list everything that has a yellow exclamation/question mark next to them EXACTLY as they appear. Please no abbreviations/hyphenations.

Fenor

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Other PCI Bridge
PCI Device
Sm Bus Controller

is excatly as it appers

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Is your computer a prebuilt computer like a Dell or HP? If so, please give me the make and model number, like Dell Dimension B110.

I will then point you in the direction where you can install the chipset drivers for your computer, which should solve your problem.

Fenor

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
not a dell a emachine e17T4 TFT is what it says on the sticker if that helps any

Edited by thakid, 16 October 2006 - 07:25 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
That's your monitor, what I need is the model number that is written on the computer case itself.

Fenor

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
T6420 desktop pc

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Okay, there are no drivers for the chipset from the emachines website. What I want you to do is to go to START-->ALL PROGRAMS-->WINDOWS UPDATE. Click on the CUSTOM scan button. Once it's done scanning for updates, click ont he HARDWARE (Optional) link on th left side of the screen. Once you are there, post back here with the Hardware updates that are listed.

One other note, is Service Pack 2 installed?

Fenor

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
the update thingy I tryed no updates there and sp2 is installed

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You clicked on the Hardware (Optional) link on the left hand side and nothing is listed?

Fenor

Advertisements

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
yup I did it before and I just did it like 5 secs again and nothing is there

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Download install and run Everest Home Edition, which you can download using the link in my signature. Once you have it running, click on REPORT and the Report Wizard should run. When you come to the REPORT PROFILES page of the wizard, make sure you have radio button next to System Summary Only selected. Then click NEXT, you can leave HTML selected and click FINISH. The report will then be generated and a new window will appear. In this new window that appears, click SAVE TO FILE and save the report as REPORT.HTM somewhere on your computer where you will remember its location. Please ATTACH this file to your reply.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 16 October 2006 - 07:43 PM.

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
here you go hope it helps

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
The report says you have Windows XP Home Edition installed, but under your name it shows Media Center Edition. What version do you really have installed?

You can check which version you have by right-clicking MY COMPUTER and selecting PROPERTIES. In the new window that appears, make sure the GENERAL tab is selected and it should say which version of Windows XP you have installed under the SYSTEM heading.

Fenor

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Windows XP Home Edition because of some problems I was having before I had to install
Windows XP Home Edition

Edited by thakid, 16 October 2006 - 07:56 PM.