Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webcam problems with Yahoo Messenger 8.0

• Please log in to reply

thistakestoolongtomake

thistakestoolongtomake

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, so my problems go as follows;

I had Yahoo Messenger a while back (before they came out with 8.0) and my webcam would work perfectly with it.

But I ended up getting rid of it cause I had gotten rid of net, and now that I have net again, I wanted Yahoo Messenger again, and well, now my webcam won't work at all, it freezes any application that tries to run it (Eg: Yahoo Messenger, Yahelite, YMlite, even the help.yahoo.com page will freeze up on me.)

Is there anything that I could do to fix this problem, without reformatting?

(There's only one way that I can use my webcam without it freezing, and that's through the My Computer section. But As I'm sure you know, that don't connect with anyother computers.) And now it's not even doing that, I just tried it. POS Computer:|.

If it helps;

Yahoo Messenger details: Yahoo! Messenger with Voice (8.0.0.716)
MyYahoo Module (8.0.0.1)
Webcam Details: Labtec Webcam 5.1.0 (Recently updated to newest version softare off Labtec.com, but still was doing the same thing, so I just uninstalled everything) software
OS Details: Microsoft Xp Pro with Service Pack 2
IE Details: Microft Internet Explorer 6.0

Edited by thistakestoolongtomake, 17 October 2006 - 04:18 AM.

Advertisements

White Dragon

White Dragon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey, I had the same problem, here's how to fix it... Just follow the directions and it'll work...

http://help.yahoo.co...dwebcam-41.html