Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox went bananas!

• Please log in to reply

lizglass

lizglass

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Well, my Firefox went bananas!

Several pages lost their formats - including our beloved G2G - and I am unable to
use some of the functions (like the Smilies :-( ) Others are working fine. In the case of G2G, the home page is OK, but when I get to the forums all the formats have disappeared. Go figure...

Curiously, IE and Maxthon browsers are working fine. I reinstalled Firefox but it didn't help. Ran ewido and Spyware Doctor, and there were a few cookies that I removed. Still, nothing changed.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Lizglass

Advertisements

lizglass

lizglass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
The mistery deepens.

After giving up on any new attempts and posting the problem in this forum... Firefox started working normally again. Maybe there was something wrong with one of their automatic updates, could that be possible?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There hasn't been any updates to Firefox since early September. It may well be that an extension has auto-updated itself, though you usually know about this.