Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SLI

• Please log in to reply

Ven0m

Ven0m

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all,

I have an SLI system but I am a total noob with computers I am not sure it is working properly or maybe its just not what I expected.
I have AN8 SLI Asus MB
2 x Nvidia 6600 gt Gfx

I am convinced games work better or just the same without SLI enabled.

This can't be right, can it?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It can SLI primarily is used for high resolutions its not nearly as effective if you use it at lower resolutions, some games are also just not deisnged to use SLI so the difference is minimal. You could also be pushing your powersupply to hard with two cards running at load and that can affect overall performance as well as causign system damage.

Ven0m

Ven0m

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well I had the system built, it was a 650w power supply so I assume thats enough.
I was thinking maybe its how I have things configured?

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
I can't seem to find the Geforce 6600 GT GFX, only the GT series. Can you provide a link for the cards that you have?

Ven0m

Ven0m

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thats funny I can't find anything either Hmmm
They are made by Gainward Geforce 6600gt