Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Uncontrollable CD-Drive

• Please log in to reply

Azlam

Azlam

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
I got a wonderful problem out here.My CD-Rom Drive(a Samsung 52 x ) ejects out and closes in succession.There is no problem with detection of cd's nor with reading it. The cd-drive ejects after some time and closes after some time.Please Help me

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
does it do this after you have burned a cd or just when every it feels like it?
<_<

Azlam

Azlam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's not after i burned any CD as it is just a cd-rom drive.Then i got another problem too..my computer is taking ages to boot after i give the power.I have to wait around 3 minutes to get my computer give the boot beep

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
lets run a hijack log and post a save log here don't do anything until some one looks at it to see what needs to be fixed.
<_<

kimblehyde

kimblehyde

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
check your ide cable it may be plugged into your cdrom backwards.