Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NETGEAR USB WG111v2 ADAPTER

• Please log in to reply

hevp123

hevp123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI, I purchased a NETGEAR wireless router and USBWG111v2 adapter and once I got over the problem of my old computer not having the correct connection socket I have managed to set up the wireless router for this laptop. Great but I am having terrible problems trying to get the USB adapter to work. I put in the CD and follow the wizard until it requests the adapter being plugged in. I plug it in then nothing . Im not sure if the light on teh adapter should shine - it doesnt, and I think Windows should identify new hardware but it doesnt and the CD wizards is just dead. I returned the USB adapter as faulty but when checked Ebuyer said they couldnt duplicate the error. Has anyone else had problems like this? Can anyone suggest what might be wrong, I keep thinking it might be because my computer is 5 years old but I have upgraded it bit by bit - it has Windows XP installed and USB 2.0 plus about 714MB (?) memory.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I ahve a Netgear adapter as well, and it blinks its little blue light every time I turn the computer on. If the computer's on, you plug it in, and you don't see a light, I think it's dead. They won't take it back?