Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Xbox live cannot connect...

• Please log in to reply

Your_Omega

Your_Omega

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i cant connect to xbox live on my xbox.
it says on the xbox that:
"verify that the maximum transmissin unit (MTU) size on the router is set to 1365 or greater"
i use my modem and connect it to the xbox downstairs (my computers upstairs so i have to disconnect the modem to get online)
i really want to figure this out.
i have been on xbox live b4 on this modem and xbox, but that was in august. im trying to play halo 2 with my friend. if you can give me any help, i would greatly appreciate it. :whistling:

Dan

Advertisements

Admiral Justin

Admiral Justin

Visiting Staff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Initial research seems to suggest that it occurs from one of two sources.

The likely candidates, from the research, suggest that either the xbox itself is experiencing problems, and may need to be serviced, or xbox live has, for one reason or another, seen fit to ban your machine's ID.

Your_Omega

Your_Omega

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
dang, that sucks. but i didnt do anything to get my id banned. i seriously never cheated or moded up or anything. so i shouldnt be banned. i have no clue why my xbox is being wierd, i mean all the games work, its just when i try to go on xbox live where it says the "cannot connect message"

jsx29

jsx29

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Xbox live is down today as is xboxlive.com Should be up tomorrow though.

Admiral Justin

Admiral Justin

Visiting Staff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Initial research seems to suggest that it occurs from one of two sources.

The likely candidates, from the research, suggest that either the xbox itself is experiencing problems, and may need to be serviced, or xbox live has, for one reason or another, seen fit to ban your machine's ID.

I didn't mean to imply that you had cheated, or that the xbox was failing.

It seems that the networking hardware isn't the greatest, and there is always the possiblity that Microsoft did a ban covering an IP range or such.

There may be other reasons, but these 2 seem to appear more than anything else.

Your_Omega

Your_Omega

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
ok, sorry for wasting your time, it seemed that bungies network was down for yesterday only. haha im really sorry, i shoulda checked bungie before coming here.
thanks anyways

Dan