Thank You MrCharlie..
If you are infected with Outerinfo pop-ups (aka PurityScan, Oinadserver or OIN) - please start here:
Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and look for any of these and uninstall them:
(May also be listed in the Programs menu of Windows (Start button > Programs)
Yazzle by Oin
Purityscan by Oin
Snowballwars by Oin
or anything similar with Oin or Outerinfo in it.
and any other programs you didn't install or don't recognize - if your not sure please ask first
Download and run this uninstaller: (The uninstaller is safe to run)
Tutorial for the uninstaller if needed
Important Note: Some antivirus and antimalware scanners will flag the uninstaller from outerinfo.com as malicious. Similar to how a vaccine must contain parts of the virus to be effective, uninstallers will contain file names, registry locations, etc. that may set off notifications. This uninstaller has been tested by our experts and determined safe. However, it's always wise to use caution when using an uninstaller that originates from the same source as the malware.
Please download SUPERAntiSpyware Home Edition (free) (SAS)
Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes, Let it through your firewall!
Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
- Close browsers before scanning
- Scan for tracking cookies
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
- Ignore System Restore/Volume Information on ME and XP
- Please leave the others unchecked.
- Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click
To retrieve the removal information - please do the following:
- After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
- Click Preferences . Click the Statistics/Logs tab .
- Under Scanner Logs , double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log .
- It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
- Please highlight everything , then right-click and choose copy.
- Click close and close again to exit the program.
Reboot, your pop-ups should be gone, but at this point I would suggest that you post a HiJackThis log of your system on the forum, this is because this infection is often installed with other malware and we want to make sure that your system is clean.
Follow step #5 on This Page to post your HiJackThis log.
Along with your HiJackThis log - post the logs from SUPERAntiSpyware .
Good Luck, MrC
This is a self-help guide. Use at your own risk.
Important Note: If you need assistance with Outerinfo/PurityScan, please start a new topic in our Malware Removal Forum.