Welcome to Geeks to Go
Geeks to Go Welcome
Create Account Login to Account
Photo

How to remove Outerinfo pop-ups (aka PurityScan or OIN)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello and welcome qrushjohnson

Please run through the steps outlined in this Topic
Post back a fresh log in the Malware forum please someone will pop by your topic and help you out

Advertisements

Matt T

Matt T

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Sorry, didn't see Don's post on this page. Ignore this post.

Edited by Matt T, 17 December 2007 - 08:54 PM.

GreenGambler

GreenGambler

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

I try to run the ComboFix file and I get an error message in return. It says that ComboFix is not a valid Win32 application.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
GG

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello and welcome GreenGambler

Post back a fresh log in the Malware forum please someone will pop by your topic and help you out

deyamag

deyamag

• Pip
  • 2 posts
thank U .

Matt T

Matt T

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

thank U .

Welcome to Geeks to Go deyamag! :)
Glad to know we helped!

Merry Xmas
~Matt :)

thehawaiidude2001

thehawaiidude2001

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so so much!! You people are the best! After 5 hours of searching for answers to fix the infected laptop we found this site and it worked!!! My taskbar was disabled and when I deleted items they came right back. I tried doing all these registry edit functions and even used a program to fix the taskbar. None of those worked, but you folks had the answer and now everything is back to normal!!! Thank you so, so much and Happy Holidays!!!

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello and welcome thehawaiidude2001
Happy holidays to you as well, Glad to hear you sorted the issues out and now everything is back in order.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know :)

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
If you have purityscan do you use combo fix right after removing the programs, and befor any HJT fix? I know I sound dense but I have some one at work that does things in a way I would not (and not how you do them) and I want to learn the RIGHT way, not an "I do it this way" way (the person is my boss so I ge a little confused t all of the contridictions)

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Not necessarly if you remove it via add/remove and then fix any left over entries with HJT and the log is comoing back clean then you don't need to run Combofix but would suggest running either AVG antispyware or super antispyware

Advertisements

amrah08

amrah08

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you SO much for your help! I followed the instructions on removing the outerinfo pop-ups and it worked like magic. This is my first time to your site, but am definitely a HUGE fan and net promoter! I'll make sure to spread the word on how helpful your site has been!

Thanks again!

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Glad you got your issue resolved :)

brittxradx

brittxradx

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My computer will not wake up from hibernation. Is this part of the outerinfo thing as well?
Also I keep getting virus's constantly but I've been going to the same websites for years and never got any virus's from them. Any clue on why i'm constantly getting these?

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Hello and welcome brittxradx

My computer will not wake up from hibernation. Is this part of the outerinfo thing as well?

Not normally

kickassuperstan

kickassuperstan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have received the outerinfo bug and i am needing help to get arid of it. Can someone help with telling me where to even start?
Thanks
Stan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.