Welcome to Geeks to Go
Geeks to Go Welcome
Create Account Login to Account
Photo

How to remove Outerinfo pop-ups (aka PurityScan or OIN)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Thunderbird1988

Thunderbird1988

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Hello and welcome Stan,

you can find the steps to remove it here.

If that didn't help, or you would like to receive assistance to remove it, Please run through the steps outlined in this Topic, then please post a fresh log in the Malware Forum.

Advertisements

bones 5

bones 5

• Pip
  • 5 posts
can anyone help me get past this point, I posted my log

Thunderbird1988

Thunderbird1988

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Hello and welcome Bones 5,

Please wait until one of the helpers replies to your log with instructions.

Thunderbird1988

bones 5

bones 5

• Pip
  • 5 posts
should i post the log here?

Thunderbird1988

Thunderbird1988

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
No, you have already posted your log in the right forum :)

Thunderbird1988

dangurx

dangurx

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When I try to run the program it says i need I need a requested link each time.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi dangurx if you are having problems running the programme then please post on the malware forum after reading this http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html :)

slstevens

slstevens

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

Where should I post my logs to??

Thanks
Sean

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
In the Malware Removal forum

flutter

flutter

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hey...I need some help please. When I tried to use the OIRemoval, it did nothing. I was unable to get to the exe at all. Is it still active? I tried everything from clicking on the link to copying and pasting.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Sounds like you have something blocking access to the site as the link should work

If you can't transfer it over from another PC via a USB key, then I would make a topic in the Malware Removal forum after you read the sticky threads

KendraK

KendraK

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So, as ComboFix was going through its stages, text in the blue window said "Please allow ComboFix to reboot your computer." The computer rebooted and a black screen came up giving me 2 options to run: Windows Home Edition or Recovery Console. I chose Windows Home Edition, and it came to a blue screen that read several things:

Checking file system on C: CHKDSK is verifying files
Deleted an index entry with ID 1510 from index $SDH of file 9 (It said this a bunch of times; every time there was a different ID, though).
CHKDSK is verifying file data (Stage 4 of 5)
Cleaning up 56 unused index entries
Fixing mirror copy...
Security Descriptor verification completed
CHKDSK is verifying free space (Stage 5 of 5)

Then I walked away and it apparently rebooted and went back to asking me whether I wanted to run Windows Home Edition or Recovery Console. This time I chose Recover Console but it didn't do anything, so I exited and chose Windows Home Edition but pressed F8 and chose to run in safe mode.

Then a blue screen came up that said "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. SESSIONS_INITIALIZATION_FAILED"

I couldn't exit out or anything, so I pressed the power button on my computer to turn it off and again to turn it back on. Then it came back to the screen that asked if I wanted to run Windows Home Edition or Recovery Console. I chose Windows home edition and start normally. Now it's back to:

Checking file system...
CHKDSK is veryifying data... etc.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Please help, it feels like I'm going in circles!

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Hello KendraK

I see you have a topic in the Malware Removal forum, when a helper gets to you can you tell him about this situation.

They will help you fix it.

ekgraider

ekgraider

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
First off i have been reading all over the board and it is great that this resource exists to help the "little guy" fight off viruses.

I have been infected by this Outerinfo pop-ups deal and it is giving me a real headache, i try to start the process mentioned here but the first step of using the http://outerinfo.com/OiUninstaller.exe is causing me problems.

When i type it in i get a windows pop up telling me i am unable to download this because of security settings. I am unable to figure out which setting i need to adjust to allow this program. If someone can guide me to the right place to either get this answered or if you can answer it yourself it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tony

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
ekgraider,

I see you have a topic in the Malware Removal forum, a helper will get to you as soon as possible. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.