Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

can't get into yahoo

• Please log in to reply

Erikk81

Erikk81

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I just ran the gamut on my computer. I ran all of the following programs:

CleanUp!
Ad-aware (ran awhile ago, could not run recently as got 'blue screen of death')
CWShredder
Spybot S&D
Ewido
Trend Housecall
TrojanHunter
Windows Update (fully updated)
Rebooted

and then installed spywareguard, spybot s&d, and zonealarm to keep future malware out. I've removed all of these programs, because shortly after installing them I had trouble logging into yahoo (where I have my email). I changed internet exlporer so that I could approve of any cookies, and after approving yahoo, I now cannot get past the login page. The login page stalls out everytime I try to login. Has anybody experienced this before or know how to help? Thanks!

Advertisements

Erikk81

Erikk81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Just a quick update - I can't log in to yahoo using Mozilla's Firefox, either. Please help!!!

Erikk81

Erikk81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Also, I was able to sign into my Yahoo email today from a different computer. THanks! :whistling:

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 667 posts
Check your firewall and ensure that Yahoo didn't get added to your blocked sites list.

Also, you said running Ad-Aware gave you the BSOD... thats not good and would be something I would want to address... it could potentially be part of your problem.

Erikk81

Erikk81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, I think I've got it figured. I still need to figure out adaware and the BSOD, but the Yahoo problem is linked to my service provider, Mediacom. Here's a link to the article to any who are interested/affected:

http://www.pressciti...=73260230198868

Thanks for your help! :whistling:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Thanks for posting back and including a link for others who may be experiencing the same problems!
Johanna

CarinRae

CarinRae

• Pip
  • 4 posts
thankyou so much for posting the link, now atleast I know whats going on!