Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having Problems with mobo upgrade

• Please log in to reply

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I just upgraded my motherboard everything went perfect everything works great except that the asus mobo i bought comes with a special asus pc probe 2 program that maintains temps and speeds of the mobo and fans and cpu to make sure everything is operating right and my cpu temp keeps bouncing around from 45-84 degrees celsius now i think its broken but it shut my computer down once already can any one give me the yeah its broken or no u screwed up and ur cpu is about to explode verdict

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Is the new board also an Asus board? Their Probe program doesn't work properly with non-Asus boards.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Just had that problem with a intel MB. I forgot to hook up the processor fan. More than one person said i fried the cpu because things just kept getting worse until i couldn't even get it to boot. finally replaced the Mb and everything worked the first time i hooked it all up. Everything was exactly the same except the MB. The newer Mb's do have temp controls that will shut down before damage is done to the proc. Its time to check the cpu heatsink for enough thermal compound and a good tight connection to the processor. Then fire it up and still see if the problem exists. If the Mb has a bad probe then your only recourse is to RMA the board for a replacement.

SRX660

Dan1887

Dan1887

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
i pulled the heatsink off touched the cpu it couldn;t have been more then 28 degrees, i just uninstalled the program that was monitopring it no problems now

iMEG

iMEG

• Pip
  • 7 posts
dear all,
i need help on my system.. a few days ago i decided to upgrade my ram from sdram 64 mb 133 to ddr 400mhz 512 mb... i format my hard drive but it seems that when the winxp spalsh screen appear it suddntly turn into BSOD and it prompts IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.... but when i install winME os it just seems normal and good running... but when i run the winmedia player and ms powerpoint on a full screen my system prompts kernel error and windows need to shut down... please help me..

i am running on:
ecs p4vmm2
starram 400mhz
intel celeron 1.7ghz
s3 savagepro ddr

iMEG

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

dear all,
i need help on my system.. a few days ago i decided to upgrade my ram from sdram 64 mb 133 to ddr 400mhz 512 mb... i format my hard drive but it seems that when the winxp spalsh screen appear it suddntly turn into BSOD and it prompts IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.... but when i install winME os it just seems normal and good running... but when i run the winmedia player and ms powerpoint on a full screen my system prompts kernel error and windows need to shut down... please help me..

i am running on:
ecs p4vmm2
starram 400mhz
intel celeron 1.7ghz
s3 savagepro ddr

iMEG

make your own thread for your pc problems.