Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

igfxext.exe

• Please log in to reply

jdblue23

jdblue23

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I've been having some problems with my computer lately, ie the USB ports don't work, the cd drive isn't located on my computer. That's beside the point though.. I thought maybe I could fix these problems by using the windows recovery console.. I was wrong of course. It says that it cannot find the file "igfxext.exe" so I did some research and someone said that the file is located in the drivers. I went to the dell site and downloaded all the drivers and burned them to a cd. I put the cd in and i can't find the file. Then I read that you could just skip this file and download the drivers later, but it just sits there and never gets any further than 34 minutes left. Now, i cannot get out of the installation process, and I need some help. I've tried all that I can do..

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, welcom to geektogo
I am curious and would like you to do a few things for me
but first I always ask
- what computer
- what opperating system XPhome or pro
- how old is it

please try this

to see if drivers are missing

runbox command
- press keyboard buttons: winkey + r
- paste this in slot: devmgmt.msc
- press: enter
- double click icons
(do you see any yellow blobs on the icons, meaning driver is missing)

to see if drive letter is not assigned

press keyboard buttons: winkey + r
- paste this in slot: diskmgmt.msc
- press: enter
- double click icons
- see if the device in question is there and given a letter

let me know then, thanks