Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network

• Please log in to reply

sathiyarajan

sathiyarajan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
I have
HP Compaq nc 6230
2 GB RAM
60 GB HDD
Windows XP Professional

System. I am trying to locate Wireless network connection in my hotel room. I am getting the error message saying that "No Wireless networks were found in range"

"Make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on.
To see an updated list, click, "Refresh network list".

my wireless network key is switched on and the tower icon is glowing in blue color. even though I am not getting any wireless network.

my friend go is staying with me, he can able to look at the wireless list, even he has the same harware and software.
help me to sort it out.

Sathiya

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
questions
- are you saying that in exactly the same room using the same hardware and software only his is getting the signal
- have you looked at his setttings comparing them to your own
- what signals do you get on refresh and have you tried connecting in hotel lounge instead(to test your hardware)
- normally most hotels have a techky on hand so have you explained the situation to the reception
-

sathiyarajan

sathiyarajan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
Even he was facing the same problem and they switched on the wireless switch. then it started displaying all the network list. But mine it didn't work.

Setting wise, we checked everything mostly same. we couldn't able to figure out difference.
I will check that hotel lounge. is there anyother way..

Sathiya