Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP loading Problems.. ( BSOD )

• Please log in to reply

Myndmelter

Myndmelter

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HI

When I load my windows xp disc i get all the way to 100% file install then I get the BSOD. I get 3 diffent codes, not at the same time though (page fault in non page area, IRQL non less or equal to, Bad Pool caller) Seems disc may be messed up and install bad drivers b/c it is oem disc and still miss files on install. Cant load certain files, i dunno why disc is not scratched.

AMD 64 X2 4200+ (939 socket)
Gigabyte GA-K8n-SLI (939 socket)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS
Cosair 1GB Ram
eVGA e-GeForce 7300 GT PCI Express 512MB DDR2
Memorex DVD/CD Burner

do you guys think it is disc or system thanks in advance :whistling:

Edited by Myndmelter, 18 October 2006 - 08:58 AM.

Advertisements

johnthunder

johnthunder

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
IRQ Less or Equal or page faults normally refer to bad memory modules.
However you are using corsair memory which is normally pretty good, I would try using another stick of memory if you have one handy or maybe find a nice friend who would lend you a bit, or if you using a few sticks then try taking some out and using only one stick