Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows explorer is saying i have 2 cd drives

• Please log in to reply

MajorDisaster

MajorDisaster

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
take a look at this pic please you notice it says i have two cd drives well i don't have two cd drives hooked up only my cd/dvd writer now why is it say that? please help me. thanks for any help
Posted Image

Edited by MajorDisaster, 18 October 2006 - 05:34 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi MajorDisaster!

Are you sure you don't have any CD emulating programs installed on your computer like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%?

Fenor

MajorDisaster

MajorDisaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Hi MajorDisaster!

Are you sure you don't have any CD emulating programs installed on your computer like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%?

Fenor

i had nero but i uninstalled it to be sure and that didn't work

MajorDisaster

MajorDisaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I'm trying to update the Firmware for my cd/dvd drive and the firmware update isn't recognizing my cd/dvd drive and this is the same firmware diver i used before. So my questions is how can i reset the cd/dvd drive so it will recognize the firmware divers. if i CMOS it will that do it? thanks

Edited by MajorDisaster, 18 October 2006 - 05:21 PM.