Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A couple of GPU and shopping questions

• Please log in to reply

Junkman

Junkman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hi, I'd like to ask for a point of clarrification here please. Several times in another thread people have mentioned a GPU simply as 7900GT. Looking up graphics cards it seems there are like ten variations of each number of video card, including so many X's I feel like I'm buying [bleep] rather than hardware. So when people say "7900GT", are you talking about a GeForce 7900GT, without any X's on the end, or any XFX on the start? And if so, just to be sure, what is the onboard RAM on that one, is it 512MB?
One more small note while I'm here, I've recently moved to Denmark where I don't speak the language and don't know where to shop, and alot of the online shops people mention only deliver to the US (and would probably cost a ton to deliver here anyway). So does anyone have any tips on good online shops that do (or probably do to the best of your knowledge) sell to Denmark? Or offline shops if anyone just happens to ne my neighbour :whistling:
Thanks.

Advertisements

GrantG

GrantG

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Sorry, I can't speak Danish either. Ask Peter Schmeichel :whistling: just kidding.
The Geforce 7900 GTX has 512mb onboard memory
I think all the other variations(GT, GS XFX etc) all have 256mb onboard memory.
I personally don't know of any computing companies which deliver to Denmark. Most US companies I've come across won't even ship to Canada, nevermind the UK. So that blows Denmark out of the water. The two best UK companies - Ebuyer and Dabs - currently offer UK-only delivery
Sorry :blink: