Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blank Screen on Startup

• Please log in to reply

woefullylost

woefullylost

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
It seems that my problem keeps continuing to get worse. The problems I had before are detailed in another post I had, however I feel the support I require more is hardware support. My problem has also changed...

It began with this:
http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=134623

And now I think I may have done something wrong in the process of testing my memory cards. Whenever I start up my computer, both the LED light on my computer and the LED light on my monitor are steady yellow. And for some strange reason the LED light on my monitor is only green while disconnected from my computer.

I hear the average whirring noises upon startup that indicate activity within the PC, but the screen remains black.

The computer I run is a Dell Dimension B110. I tried the website for any help, but nothing seemed to work.

Any idea what may have caused this and what I can do to reverse it?

Thank you in advance,
Tiffany

Edited by woefullylost, 19 October 2006 - 04:01 PM.

Advertisements

street1

street1

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Start over add 1 memory stick in the slot closest to the CPU and fan.

Make sure it is completely seated a notch in the memory module slightly
from center will be your guide to install it properly.

Now reboot with only 1 memory stick.

woefullylost

woefullylost

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I've tried that... but nothing happened. No matter what changes I make, I get the same results. Could it be something with the power? I noticed yesterday that the surge light on my power transformer... thing... I don't know the technical term... was on. But I don't know how to fix it.