Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hypoteches removal

• Please log in to reply

riskyjonny

riskyjonny

• Pip
  • 1 posts
G'day

A spyware program has hijacked my computer (Win XP) and I literally cannot do anything now. The program changed the desktop and links to a website at hypoteches.com.

The problem is that when I startup windows the system freezes and shuts down to a black screen after about 15secs. So I can't even connect to the net and download a fix for it or anything. Task Manager has been disabled. It's weird - when I start in Safe Mode it shows that an Administrator account has been created. A message from Norton AV pops up just before it freezes and says it found a virus called "Bloodhound W32" or something like that. Then the screen goes black.

Does anyone know of any remedy for this problem?
Will I have to format the hard drive? Or buy a new computer?
All I can do is boot in safe mode but I dont know how to back up my files from safe mode. Broadband internet doesnt work in safe mode either. This is making me cry.
This things a pain in the [bleep]. The [bleep] who made this virus will get so many mail bombs! AHH!

cheers

Advertisements