Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reinstalled windows need some short cuts

• Please log in to reply

curtains

curtains

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey I'm new to this forum.. so anyways..

Hey i recently(few hours ago) had my computer attacked with vurises to a unfixable(windows still usable jst not fixable(to like origional)) point jst buncha vurises that keep reproducing themselfs, so i decide to reinstall windows on a different harddrive I was woundering if there are any short cuts to getting back other software configerations,there on the other harddrive(meaning i havent deleted them)I dont want to have to reinstall everything as that will be a big hassle as i have like a billion programs i need i had saved an regestry file from a while ago if that will help(the regestry file is good) i tryed googleing it and nothing that could help .. and whats this ghosting thing??? oh and does anyone know how to uninstall my old window because it comes up with the duel booting now which is annoying?? oh i havent touched anything on my old windows so if anyfixes to it or if i may need files from it , it can be done.

thanks if anyone can fix any of my problems would help alot... cheers

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Programs can't be transferred. Some smaller ones you may be able to, most big ones you can't. You need to re-run the CD for the applications you want.