Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LG 1gb USB Flash Drive

• Please log in to reply

JNette

JNette

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was having problems with it and have ordered a new 2gb with U3 technology anyway, I've deleted the driver. Can this be restored without losing the information I have on the chip?

OK, I've discovered it isn't the driver but the installed software, that tells what it is.

Edited by JNette, 19 October 2006 - 09:57 AM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Let me get this right... You have a USB Flash Drive, and you accidentally deleted some necessary files which you installed on your computer that you need to view information on your flash drive, correct? Is the drive "Plug and Play" compatible? If that's the case, then it should install most of that next time you insert it. If this is extra software, do you have the disk for it? You usually don't lose things from the drive just becuase you uninstalled files from the viewing computer.

JNette

JNette

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nope, I deleted the LG executable file, which without it kept telling me I needed to format the disk. I ended up searching for a data recovery program which has allowed me to get everything back, thanks to the world wide web and freeware! My mistake, I should have left those "hidden" files hidden. Hey but thanks for the help. My new chip was shipped today and when I contacted Customer Support for the LG chip they told me I could take it back to Sam's and get a new one! So I will pass that one on to someone else in need.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Thanks for getting back to us, and glad to hear it was all fixed :whistling: