Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death Code C++

• Please log in to reply

The Hurricane

The Hurricane

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Yah Im in computer Science at school and I was wondering if any of you have code that has errors that will produce the Blue Screen of death. I want to learn how to make errors that will creat the legendary BSoD, I want to have the ability to know what not to do and how to avoid it in the future. I want to use this to understand how all it work. So if you have anyway to make our friend apear I appreciate coding.

I just want you to know that I am trying to figure out complicated stuff that I cant realy Explain, its in my head but I cant explain how it is going to help.

Edited by The Hurricane, 19 October 2006 - 02:24 PM.

Advertisements

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Call for a system memory dump. That's enough.

skate_punk_21

skate_punk_21

Malware Removal Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 1,049 posts
kill csrss.exe :whistling: works fast and effective.

The Hurricane

The Hurricane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Like I mean give me code for Visual Studios C++... Like simple stuff, I want to learn how to spot stuff....

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

kill csrss.exe

That is code, and it doesnt get simpler than that.

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Or do you want to know how to change the error codes?
Because they are all stored in some DLL's in the system.
If you NEED them, I'll PM you some names of programs that I use.
And I'll give usage-tips.
Good luck.

skate_punk_21

skate_punk_21

Malware Removal Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 1,049 posts

Yah Im in computer Science at school and I was wondering if any of you have code that has errors that will produce the Blue Screen of death. I want to learn how to make errors that will creat the legendary BSoD, I want to have the ability to know what not to do and how to avoid it in the future. I want to use this to understand how all it work. So if you have anyway to make our friend apear I appreciate coding.

I just want you to know that I am trying to figure out complicated stuff that I cant realy Explain, its in my head but I cant explain how it is going to help.

Ok i think I know what you are saying but it is next to impossible to give you a good answer. They occur when hardwares fail, or a program does something its not designed to do. Trial and error is really all you can do and i doubt your apps'd cause a bsod anyways.
Skate

DSMaster

DSMaster

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
there are ways of forcing a bsod, but they're hard on a computer's components