Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adding RAM

• Please log in to reply

RacrPRGMR

RacrPRGMR

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK I have an Emachines T1105. I just added 128MB of RAM to my 256 and now my computer will randomly restart itself. Like it will do it unpredicably just resart. Please help this is annoying. I have checked websites and they say my RAM max is 512 with 256 on each slot and I have 256 on one and 128 on the other.
Thanks,
Bill

Advertisements

GrantG

GrantG

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
First of all, google your new ram chips model number. You'll find the ram chips specification somewhere. Crucial.com will give the full specifications of your ram that you need to upgrade, if they don't match, there's your problem. Post back with your further queries, if any.

RacrPRGMR

RacrPRGMR

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have not checked the RAM model yet but I will do that tonight. I just wanted to thank you for the fast response. This is one of the best Forums I have ever been on. Thanks Guys.

iMEG

iMEG

• Pip
  • 7 posts
dear all,
i need help on my system.. a few days ago i decided to upgrade my ram from sdram 64 mb 133 to ddr 400mhz 512 mb... i format my hard drive but it seems that when the winxp spalsh screen appear it suddntly turn into BSOD and it prompts IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.... but when i install winME os it just seems normal and good running... but when i run the winmedia player and ms powerpoint on a full screen my system prompts kernel error and windows need to shut down... please help me..

i am running on:
ecs p4vmm2
starram 400mhz
intel celeron 1.7ghz
s3 savagepro ddr

iMEG