Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 0x80040707

• Please log in to reply

johnthunder

johnthunder

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi
I recently removed a virus which had come from drive cleaner 2006.
Some muppet had downloaded this onto our joint use pc.
Anyway I removed the 20 virus's and got rid of all the spyware which came with it for free, yippee.
Now the person who managed to kill the pc loaded NTL Netguard, which currently has errors after the virus.
I have tried to remove it and get the Error 0x80040707 Access Denied Message.
I try to run the programme and get XMLHelper::init():CoCreateInstance(CLSID_DOMDocument40)failed, the programme was not able to load CLSID_DOMDocument40 correctly, please restart the computer if problem persist blah blah blah.
I have re started, tried to re install, I have even removed the windows installer from the programme list and re installed that but I am still having trouble getting rid of Netguard and I cant re install because of the error so I can then uninstall it
I have also tried in safe mode,plz help

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Have you tried a manual uninstall of the program? Don't know if you'll be able to but it may be worth a shot.

Instructions here:

http://www.theelderg...ll_programs.htm