Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Typing Problem

• Please log in to reply

zajo

zajo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, I am having MAJOR problems. I cannot type anything in on a webpage. For example, I cannot sign in, or perform searchs. I can type documents, and can type in the address box, but cannot type anything once I get to my desired webpage. Please offer any hlpe. Thank you kindly. :tazz:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi :

Only got a few ideas :

1) Go to Start>Run and type regsvr32 mshtmled.dll in the command box, click okay. Then try out a web page and see if you can type ok now.

If not :

2) Try reloading IE Service Pack 1 if you're using IE 6.0. Possibly the files are corrupted or missing.

Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Additional info :

Unable to type in the text boxes (eg.. a Search engine or a Web site). These issues are caused by missing registry keys. To resolve the problem, try the following steps:

Click Start, Run and type the following commands one by one and press Enter

REGSVR32 MSHTMLED.DLL (Previously mentioned)

REGSVR32 JSCRIPT.DLL

REGSVR32 /i MSHTML.DLL

If this does not help, reinstall Internet Explorer.

Ron